Sri Sai Satcharitra is a biography based on the true life stories of the saint Sai Baba of Shirdi. The book was authored by Shri. Govind Raghunath Dabholkar also known as Hemadpant after obtaining due consent from Sai Baba of Shirdi. Hemadpant had noticed miracles being performed by the Saint and wanted to keep a record of them. He decided to share it with the world for the benefit of humanity and to show the greatness of his Master, Shri Sai. The original edition of the Sai Satcharitra was published in Marathi on 26 November, 1930. A subsequent edition was published in English more than a decade later. The book has since then been translated to many languages. The book presents several real life incidents from the life of Shri Sai Baba that remind one and all about his divinity and universal love. It also reminds us of the eleven assurances or promises that Shirdi Sai Baba gave to his devotees.
- No harm shall befall him who sets his foot on the soil of Shirdi.
- He who cometh to My Samadhi, his sorrow and suffering shall cease.
- Though I be no more in flesh and blood, I shall ever protect My devotees.
- Trust in Me and your prayer shall be answered.
- Know that My Spirit is immortal. Know this for yourself.
- Show unto Me he who sought refuge and been turned away.
- In whatever faith men worship Me, even so do I render to them.
- Not in vain is My Promise that I shall ever lighten your burden.
- Knock, and the door shall open. Ask and ye shall be granted.
- To him who surrenders unto Me totally I shall be ever indebted.
- Blessed is he who has become one with Me.